Do you know about Netflix Phishing Email Attack? Some cyberattacks are targeting Netflix’s subscribers to steal their details. They are sending Emails to Netflix users on behalf of Netflix and try to steal their credit card details.
We are writing this article only for the educational purpose. We at Ethical Hacking Tool don’t support hacking and illegal scams. Stay safe and keep a distance from these activities.
What is Netflix Phishing Email Attack?
The hacker sends Emails to Netflix’s users and Email is like:
“We were unable to validate your billing information for the next billing cycle of your subscription, therefore, we’ll suspend your membership if we do not receive a response from you within 48hours. Obviously we’d love to have you back, simply click restart your membership to update your details and continue to enjoy all the best TV shows & movies without interruption.”
After receiving this Email the most of the users click on the given link and they redirected to a fake malware containing site. When they provide their card details there, the malware transfer the details to the users.
The attacker can get your PII (Personally Identifiable Information) such as Name, address, date of birth, contact number credit card details, and much more. In this way, they collect the user’s card details. Netflix Phishing Email is a very scary cyber threat in 2020.
Netflix Phishing Email Prevention
You can read the given points to protect yourself from the Netflix Phishing Email. We have mentioned different types to protection yourself from this types of phishing attacks.
- Never respond to these types of Emails. If you want to contact Netflix then contact Netflix Customer Support from its official site or official application.
- Do not click on the link provided by these Emails. It could be span and cause you a problem. Always visit the Nextflix site directly.
- If you receive any Email then confirm the sender and if it is not from the Netflix then mark it as spam.
- Always use a good anti-malware software that provides Email protection feature to its users.
- Always create strong passwords with the combination of numbers, alphabets, symbols and others.
- You can watch out for the pressure tactics.
Conclusion: Netflix Phishing Email
We have provided the complete information regarding Netflix Phishing Email attack. If you have any queries regarding this then you can ask us in the comment section without any hesitation.
We also write articles on the user’s demands so if you want us to write on any specific topic then ask us in the comment section. We would like to write to you. If you want to know more about cyber attack then you can visit our cyber attack category.
You can also read:
After reading Netflix Phishing Email Attack, you might also like to read some other related articles that haven been given below:
- What Is Blackrock Android Malware?
- Is Tiktok Hacking Phones?
- Joker Malware App List: Android Malware is Back
- By Stealing PII An Attacker Can Perform What? Full Info in 2020