I am not kidding. Now, you can install Kali Linux for Windows 10 system from Microsoft Store. We will not use either Virtual Box or Hyper-V. You will have to follow some simple steps to install Kali on your Windows system.
So, without wasting time let us begin.
- Installing Windows Sub-system for Linux
- Installing Kali Linux from Microsoft Store
- Launching Kali Linux in Windows
Download Kali Linux For Windows 10
Follow the given steps to download and use Kali Linux on your Windows 10 PC.
Installing Windows Sub-system for Linux
At first, we will install Windows Sub-system for Linux.
Make sure you are running on the latest version of Windows and no Windows updates are pending.
- Open Powershell in administrative mode.
- After that, type the following given command and hit enter.
Enable-WindowsOptionalFeature -Online -FeatureName Microsoft-Windows-Subsystem-Linux
After that, your system will reboot.
After rebooting your system, you can install Kali Linux from Microsoft Store.
Installing Kali Linux from Microsoft Store
- Open Microsoft Store and search for Kali Linux or you can directly reach there from this link.
- Download Kali Linux from Microsoft Store by clicking on Install button.
Your download will complete within minutes (depending on your internet speed).
Launching Kali Linux in Windows
There are two ways to launch Kali Linux for Windows 10. We will see both ways.
Method 1: Using Kali Linux App
- Click on Start button.
- After that, click on Kali Linux app tile to open it.
Finally, you will see Kali Linux for Windows 10 terminal.
Method 2: Using Command Prompt
- Open Command Prompt.
- After that, type kali and hit enter.
Finally, you will see Kali Linux terminal in Command Prompt.
After that, we will setup Kali Linux.
Setting up Kali Linux for Windows 10
- Open Kali Linux.
Kali Linux will finish its installation.
- Now, create a new user for Kali Linux for Windows 10. Do not use your Windows username.
- Create new password for the user.
Now, you have successfully setup Kali Linux.
Before using Kali Linux, we will update it.
Updating Kali Linux for Windows 10
In order to update Kali Linux, you will have to become root user.
- Type sudo bash to become root user.
- After that, type apt-get update and hit enter.
- After that, we will type apt-get dist-upgrade and press enter button.
- Now, type Y and hit enter to confirm installation.
Your Kali Linux will be updated successfully using these steps.
Now, we will add Kali Linux folder in Exclusion in Windows Defender.
Adding Kali Linux folder in Exclusion
This step is necessary because Windows Defender may treat some Kali Linux tools as threat during their installation,
- Open Windows Defender.
- Go to Virus and Threat Protection.
- Click on Manage Settings under Virus & threat protection settings.
- Scroll till the end of the page and click on Add or remove exclusions.
- After that, click on Add an Exclusion.
- Click on Folder and add the given folder location there.
Note: Replace amart with your Windows username.
- Finally, click on Select Folder.
We have successfully added our Kali Linux folder in Exclusion.
Now, we will install Kali Linux tools.
You can also read: Upgrade Windows 10 Home to Pro without Data loss
Installing Kali Linux tools
In order to install any Kali Linux tools, open the Kali Linux terminal and type the following codes.
We are installing Metasploit framework for example.
- Type apt-get update and hit enter.
- After that, type apt-get install metasploit-framework and press enter button.
- After that, Type Y and hit enter to continue installation.
Hurrah! We have successfully installed Kali Linux in the Windows system without Virtual Box and Hyper-V.
You can also read: The easiest method to make live Kali Linux USB Persistence
In conclusion, we will say, “Do it at your own risk.” If you got any problem in your system, Ethical Hacking Tool will not be responsible.
We hope that you liked our tutorial “Kali Linux For Windows 10”. If you liked our tutorial, share this article in your groups. Also, subscribe to our Newsletter. Otherwise, you will miss important updates.
We also write articles on user demand. You can also request.
You can also read: Live Kali Linux USB Persistence